Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Tesco in Kota Bharu


Tesco Kota Bahru is nearing completion. Construction has been going on for the last 6 moths already. Yes, and it provides another option to do our shopping, window shopping or just a stroll over the weekend. At least, one quarter of the week-enders in KB Mall will be diverted to Tesco. Looks like Billion and Pantai Timur Pengkalan Chepa can't hold the crowd anymore.


I remember the first Tesco that I have stepped into was in Ireland. What I remembered was, they did not use any plastic bag. Shoppers will have to bring their own bag. It helps the environment. Wonder will it catch up here?

Can't wait.. heh heh

1 comment:

chunchunruss said...

I dislike Ireland for their plastic bag tax. It was almost 1 euro for a big, right? Crazy! Even S'pore doesn't dare to do this.

What I think they should do is provide plastic bag recycling bin, as in UK, while still providing free plastic bags if you need it.

But it's true that here in Malaysia, there's a serious plastic bag abuse problem, esp in Pasar Malam and Pasar Raya. I have seen people use just one bag for one items, so in the end, there were 20 plastic bags used.