Thursday, September 28, 2006

I am beginning to love Miri


This post has long been overdue, but it doesn't really matter, as long as I get this post up, that's all my target will be.

Miri at night

When I arrived in Miri, the movement of the traffic in Mri town reminded me of Kuching many years ago when I was still in my primary school days. There were not many cars, no Schumacher wannabes; everything was so slow going, laid back, quaint. I enjoyed walking around from the hotel I was staying in, to the Imperial Boulevard and the Miri Parkson Grand. Speaking of the Boulevards, there are basically 2 boulevards in Miri as most taxi drivers would put it. One is the Imperial Boulevard and the other is the Miri Boulevard. The latter is the bigger one. Generally, I really think Miri has got much to offer than Kuching in terms of shopping choices.

Miri Park Everly Hotel

After my TOEFL test, I took a taxi to Miri Division Health Office in Tanjong Lobang at about 5 in the evening, to meet up with a friend who is undergoing his training as a health inspector. It took about 15 minutes from the city centre and cost me RM10 per ride. The Divisional Health Office which houses an office and the hostel catering for medical staffs sits strategically by the beach facing the South China Sea. It is located in between the Miri Marriott Resort and Spa and the Miri Everly Hotel, sharing the same beach.

Seahorse at Tanjong Lobang

Not too distance away, one could easily see the mascot for Miri, the seahorse, overlooking the sea facing the sunset. The view was just breathtaking, the hues and saturation of the sunset skies were just too beautiful to describe. Just spending my time there, walking along the beach, smelling the sea breeze, listening to the wave crashing against the soft sandy beach was just not enough. Time flies really fast and soon it was time to bundle up. Here are some pictures... behold..

Remnants of what used to be a fishing boat stranded at the Tanjong Lobang Beach





A picturesque sunset view.. so peaceful

I had dinner with my friend and his younger coursemates. He was the eldest and surely enough, was looked upon as the Yoda of the group, from whom advises are sought after. I helped him up with preparing the vegetable, while he did the frying of the Ikan Terubok, brought all the way from Kuching. The expeience, eating together, was just spectacular, it just add excitement to the flair. Post prandially, the coffee was even greater and it goes hand in hand with the tv.



Well time to go in the end. I will plan to go to Miri again sometime in the future. Loagan Bunut.. hmm... it keeps popping up in my head...

No comments: